Apex sticks, bites and bars are all delicious snacks, but have you ever thought about putting them in your meals for extra protein? We have two easy and classic recipes that the entire family will love!
Apex Mac and Cheese:
1 box of mac and cheese of your choice
2 servings of Apex Bites or 2 Apex sticks
- Make the mac and cheese as directed on the box
- Cut up 2 apex sticks or 2 servings of apex bites
- Toss them in the pot on low and stir until warm
Apex Taco Salad:
2 cups romaine lettuce (shredded)
½ avocado (sliced)
1 cup of rice (your choice of rice)
2 Apex Sticks or 2 servings of Apex Bites (sliced into bite size pieces)
Cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
Avocado oil (just enough to warm up meat sticks)
½ cup of canned black beans
Any other veggies or toppings of your choice!
¼ cup shredded cheese
¼ cup sour cream/greek yogurt
- Start with cooking rice (it usually takes the longest)
- Warm up black beans, on stove top or in microwave
- Prep Vegetables (romaine lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes)
- Add avocado oil into pan on medium low heat, toss in Apex sticks or bites for about 4-5 minutes (season however you like or even use Jalapeno Sticks for some extra flavor)
- Serve in separate bowls: first add rice, beans and Apex, then add romaine lettuce on top. Lastly add all your toppings (avocado, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream/greek yogurt, salsa, etc) ENJOY!
If you’re wanting to try something new or add more protein in your meals, these are a must try. Throw them into your weekly meal prep and let us know what you think!